St. Albans Anglican Church is an Anglican parish located at 125 Daly Avenue (at the corner of Kind Edward Avenue) in the Sandy Hill neighbourhood of Ottawa. It is the oldest Anglican Church in the city. The church was designed by Thomas Fuller – the same architect as Canada’s original Parliament Buildings – and completed by Architect King Arnoldi in 1877. The building was designed in the medieval style of English parish churches and is an excellent example of Gothic Revival architecture.
The project consisted of repairs and restoration work to maintain and stabilize exterior and interior elements of this historical structure. It also included base building and interior fit-up work to allow for the return of Centre 454 to the lower level of the church. Centre 454, a Diocese of Ottawa community ministry, is a drop-in centre for the disadvantaged that serves approximately 250 people per day by providing support services and social/recreational activities.
The project was awarded the City of Ottawa Award of Merit for Architectural Conservation in 2014.